Do you want to know what is directory submission and how to do it? And also want to get a list of directory submission websites then your search ends here, in this blog I am going to guide you all about directory submission and how to do it step by step.
so read the full blog attentively and if you have any doubt you can ask in the comment box and for sure I will give a reply to your query.
Directory submission websites are the websites that store all the information on your blog or website like any type of telephone directory. Directory submission helps in increasing your website rank, domain authority and also gives support to generate traffic as well as enhance the search engine rankings. It is a very important off-page SEO technique to grow your website.
Types of Directory Submission Websites:
There are various types of directory available which are like paid, free, reciprocal,nofollow, dofollow, automatic as well as niche directory submission. You have to choose according to your need.
As the name indicates, this submission is totally free of cost. This process may take a few days or weeks to approve your URL which needs some effort and certain skills to get the work done. If you want to submit your website free of cost then the free directory submission websites list will be the best choice for you.
This submission is the total opposite of the first one. In this process, you have to submit your website URL with a certain amount of money and they will serve you the backlink within 24 hours.
In this submission, you have to add a link on your website or blog before it gets approved by the owner of that directory. After it is approved by the owner then you will be able to submit your website link.
As the name suggests, you can use tools and software to do the submission.
You need to do all the submission manually. However, all search engines like Google, Bing, etc don’t encourage the manipulative ranking efforts.
You don’t get the desired ranking through this submission. Because the search engines never follow that type of link.
If you are a blogger who wants to increase the rankings of your blog then you must head for dofollow directory submission that helps you to get the SERP also high traffic to your site.
Niche Directory Submission:
Every Niche directory submission is dedicated to a specific subject, listed as a category under a general directory. It includes blogs, scripts, and software, web hosting companies, other online businesses, etc.
And another directory submission site is,
Instant Approval Directory Submission Websites:
Instant approval directory submission sites are also known as fast approval sites where websites get approved instantly. Many users take advantage of it. Most of these sites give dofollow links to your site and you know very well backlinks and DA are the milestones of a website’s reach, popularity, and success. To increase them, you should try out these sites which give great benefits for the off-page SEO.
How to do Directory Submission:
- Pick the directory site where you want to submit your site.
- The selected website must have good domain authority, to begin with. Don’t pick any random site to do the submission.
- First, create an account by giving all the details asked for.
- Then select the category and sub-category which is related to your blogs or website.
- Then go to the dashboard and submit your site title and URL.
- After that add tags, descriptions, and keywords related to the website.
- And finally, review the text and submit the site.
- After that, some of the sites verify your email by sending a verification mail to your email id and some of the sites don’t.
- Now your work is done, wait for the approval.
- Finally, don’t be in a hurry and submit your site to all the high domain authority directory submission sites in one day because that way you can be detected as spam which is not advisable.
Benefits of Directory Submission:
- It helps you to get more traffic to your website.
- It is the fastest way to get quality backlinks.
- The search visibility of your site or blog will be increased.
- It helps to increase the DA of your site.
- It will help in increasing the SEO ranking of your site.
Things To Consider While Doing Directory Submission in SEO:
At the time of submitting your site to directory submission websites, you need to follow a no. of guidelines. Here are some tips and recommendations which you can follow.
- If the directory submission site itself is not indexed, there is no point in getting listed in it. So, make sure that the sites are indexed and cached by major search engines like Google, Bing, Yahoo, etc.
- Manually submit your site to each directory submission site. Don’t use automated submission tools which make 1000 submissions in one minute.
- Don’t depend fully on directory submissions. Use other link building techniques like guest blogging, social bookmarking, infographics, etc. along with the directory submission.
- Before the submission process, read and follow the guidelines of that directory submission site.
- Document your work for future reference because it is important to know whether your SEO strategies are working well in your favor or not.
- Don’t do directory submission in a directory that uses the ‘rel=nofollow’ attribute for your link because the search engine never follows that link to your site.
- Don’t submit the same URL more than once. It is not a good practice.
- If any website with an address redirects to another address, then don’t do the directory submission on that site.
Free Directory Submission Website List:-